B.Sc Anesthesia Colleges in Bangalore
B.Sc Anesthesia Course Overview
Anaesthesia is a state of controlled and temporary insensitivity of pain or loss of consciousness and sensation which is induced by external sources for medical purposes. This may include analgesia (prevention/relief from pain), amnesia (temporary loss of memory), paralysis (muscle relaxation) or unconsciousness.
Anaesthesia basically makes the medical procedure feasible by facilitating the painless performance. It also prevents the patients
from experiencing intolerable pain and making their given medical surgery or condition much bearable.
B.Sc. in Anaesthesia technology is an allied healthcare professional course. And an anesthesia technician is a professional
who assists the monitoring and supervision of anesthesia upon patients.
They have the hands-on experience on the preparation, dilution, labeling and usage of anesthetic and non-anesthetic drugs. They also possess extensive knowledge about the anesthetic equipment, supplies, techniques and technology.The students who pursue this program are trained on the application of gas system operations, working on OT tables and on diverse roles in healthcare vicinity. You can choose to pursue B.Sc. in anesthesia if you wish to learn about anesthesia techniques, anesthesia agents, equipments and usage of anesthesia drugs, with a goal to ensure better monitoring of the patient ailing from diverse medical conditions. If you find MBBS prolonging and challenging, B.Sc. in anesthesia technology is a ‘Go-to’ graduate program which is almost as satisfactory as a mainstream medical profession.
Here is a list of subjects the students will master during the course of this program:
- Fundamentals of operation theatre
- Fundamentals of anaesthesia
- Fundamentals of emergency wards and intensive care units
- Anaesthesia technology
- Medical technology
- Operation theatre techniques to name a few.
This course produces successful anaesthetists by providing both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills of the subject. The training does not just focus on the anaesthesia techniques but also teaches techniques pertaining to the operation theatre suites.
MAY I HELP YOU
List of B.Sc. Anesthesia Colleges in Bangalore
Where to apply?
Here is a list of the remarkable institutions which provide B.Sc. in Anaesthesia to choose from:
- National institute of mental health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
- KIDWAI Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences, Bangalore
- Vydehi institute of medical sciences and research centre, Bangalore
- Sanjay Gandhi medical college, Bangalore
- Raja Rajeshwari medical college, Bangalore
- Narayana health, Bangalore
Any other public university which offers this course can be considered as a reputable one.
How long is the course?
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia technology is a graduate level course.
- The duration of the course spans for 3 ½ year with a 6
month compulsory internship period.
- Distance or correspondence mode of education is not available as an anaesthetist requires practical experience
in monitoring the patients. Any kind of healthcare studies demands hands on training experience only.
B.Sc. Anesthesia Course Eligibility Criteria:
Who can apply?
- 10+2 or equivalent education from a recognized board is mandatory.
- A 45% in each subject and an overall aggregate of 50% is required in mainstream science subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. (may differ from university to university)
- In some universities, the applicants are required to clear the entrance exam conducted by their own institution.
- Some of the institutions also grant admission based on the entrance exam test scores like NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) or CET (Common entrance test).
Placements, Scope and Future Career prospects
- Government hospitals
- Narayana Health, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah hospital, Bangalore
- NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Aster Medcity, Bangalore
- Fortis hospitals, Bangalore
- Manipal hospitals, Bangalore
- Columbia Asia hospitals , Bangalore
- Apollo hospitals, Bangalore
- Hosmat hospital, Bangalore
- Maternity homes and every other healthcare facility in the city.
Anaesthetists have immense employment opportunities in various sectors of healthcare facility such as: Hospitals, universities and colleges, Rehabilitation centres, Maternity and nursing care homes, diagnostic centres, Non-profit organisations and diagnostic labs
Roles of an Anesthesia technologist:
- Anaesthesia technician
- Lecturer/associate professor in universities
- Clinical Associate
- Medical Consultant
- Certified Nurse Anaesthesiologist
The graduates can choose a variety of specialisations such as:
- General Anaesthetics
- Cardio Thoracic Anaesthetists
- Paediatric Anaesthetics
- Obstetric Anaesthetics
- Neuro Anaesthetics
- Emergency and intensive care and so on.
Pay scale/Salary of an Anesthesia Technician:
The pay scale ranges from 15,000 to 30,000 INR per month. The salary is basically based on the position and experience of the employee.
This profession requires selfless work ethic as this is a type of work which cannot be confined to a particular schedule of time.
Especially during emergency conditions, a medical technician is required to render their services across the clock.
The students should also gain the art of monitoring and connecting with the patients for an easier flow of the given medical
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Along with the knowledge of the subject the personality skills also play a role in this profession. An anaesthesia technician needs to be attentive and accurate in their performance as it is usually the matter of life and death.There is a popular demand in this field of anaesthesiology today as it is a very respectable, selfless as well as a remunerative line of work.Successful graduates of B.Sc. in Anaesthesia technology can further specialise in diverse areas and are eligible to pursue Masters Degree(Postgraduate level) in the same. Higher education courses are available in M.Sc. in Anaesthesia technology, M.Sc. in Anaesthesia and operation theatre technology, and so on.B.Sc. in Anaesthesia is a very satisfactory medical profession. It is both a service oriented as well as a popular field of medicine which has significant scope and growth. The job role of an anaesthetist is both interesting and challenging. Every healthcare facility needs the anaesthesia technicians hence providing truckloads of employment opportunities.