B.Sc Radiology Colleges in Bangalore
B.Sc Radiology Course Overview
Radiology is a paramedical science which deals with x-rays and other high energy radiations where the radiations are used for the diagnosis and treatment of various medical conditions. This field of medicine consists of two major aspects.
The first field is diagnostic radiology. It is the study of internal parts of the human body using radiological imaging. This study gives a sneak peek into the internal parts of the human body which helps in better diagnosis of the ailments and other diseases.
The second field is the therapeutic radiology where the techniques of radiology are used in the treatment of several medical conditions like cancer and so on.
Hence the Bachelor of Science in Radiology is an undergraduate course which constitutes of both the fields of radiology. The students are given firsthand training on the usage of equipment and techniques of Radiology.
BSc in Radiology is a popular career meadow because of its growing importance as it assists the doctors in better diagnosis and treatment of various medical conditions. Radiology is a remunerative course as it is currently high on demand in the paramedical field.
B.Sc Radiology Colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka
Where to apply?
A reputed and renowned college instantly boosts the scope of any given field of education. A prominent institution not only offers quality education but also provides a high standard of placements.
Here is a list of reputed colleges in Bangalore which offers BSc in Radiology:
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Whitefield, Bangalore.
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Ms. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Acharya Institute of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- BMCRI – Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute.
- Abhaya Group of Institutions, Bangalore.
- Prestige Medical Health Science
- Manjushree Institute of Health Science
- KR College of Health Science
- Santosh Institute of Paramedical Science
MAY I HELP YOU
B.Sc Radiology Course Duration:
How long is the course?
This course follows the semester system. This undergraduate degree is a 3-year course comprising of 6 semesters with a span of 6 months each. In-depth specializations from gastrointestinal radiology to nuclear radiology can be pursued in the post graduation level.
Distance mode education is not an option here as it is crucial to have hands-on experience in this medical field.
B.Sc Radiology Eligibility Criteria:
Who can apply?
The eligibility certainly varies for the different institutions and universities. But the general criteria are that students who have completed their 10+2 or Pre-university from a recognized board are qualified for the course. Some institutes need applicants who have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology in their Pre-university or at the higher secondary level. An aggregate of 50% is required. Again this doesn’t apply to all the institutions, there might be exceptions.
BSc Radiology Admission Process:
How to apply?
While some of the institutes offer admission based on the aggregate scores of the applicant, but most of the colleges conduct an entrance exam before the admission is done. Based on the final merit scores of the exam the admission is processed.
Some of the institutions also conduct an additional round of counseling after the entrance exam for the final selection.
Keep a track of the admission dates of your preferred institution in order to adhere to the deadlines.
B.Sc Radiology Placements and Future Career Prospects/ Scope
Successful graduates of BSc in Radiology can further opt for various specializations. Some of the specializations they can opt for after the graduate course are:
- Cardiovascular radiology
- Paediatric radiology
- Gastrointestinal radiology
- Diagnostic radiology
- Nuclear radiology
- Radiation oncology
- Breast imaging specialist
- Emergency radiologist
- Genitourinary radiology
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
They can further pursue postgraduate programs i.e. MSc, or M.Phil. , Ph.D. in the field of radiology.
Graduates in the field of radiology tend to have the scope to get into popular professional avenues with a good salary and respectable positions.
The prestigious institutions offer momentous placements for the students, giving them a chance to explore opportunities by making their career reach incredible heights. The radiologist graduates get lucrative employment prospects.
Bangalore is known to be a haven for opportunities, hence your potential job is guaranteed here. You have the scope of getting placed in plentiful fields such as Angiography, fluoroscopy, Bone densitometry, Basic X-ray, Mammography, among others.
Reputed colleges which offer placements in prestigious medical centers like:
- Columbia Asia, Bangalore
- Dr. BR Ambedkar hospital, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Hospital, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah Hospital, Bangalore
- Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital, Bangalore
- Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore
- Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore
- Kidwai Memorial Institute for Oncology
- Mallya Hospital, Bangalore
- Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
- Aster CMI hospital, Bangalore
- Government Hospitals
- Specialty Clinics and many more.
Here is a list of Job profile and descriptions for a Radiologist: Upon the successful completion of the radiology programs, students are eligible to be professional lecturers in both private and government educational institutions.
- Therapy Radiographer: Salary offered for this position is around 30,000-50,000 INR. They work in the oncology department of the hospital which carries out the treatment of the patients suffering from cancer.
- Radiation Protection Specialist: Salary range: 35,000-40,000 INR. Inspection, testing, supervision, and evaluation of radiological equipment used in both diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
- Diagnostic Radiographer: Salary ranges between 7,000-10,000 INR in government sectors and around 20,000 in private sectors. They use radiation for diagnosis of several medical conditions which facilitates the treatment. They perform various radiological functions like X-Ray, ultrasound, Clinical chemotherapy, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Computed tomography (CT scan), Positron emission tomography(PET scan) to Surgical Radiography and diverse kinds of scans and so on.
- X-Ray Technician: Operation and conduction of X-ray equipment in the radiology department of medical centers is the job which these technicians perform.
In India, the average salary for a student who has pursued a BSc in radiology ranges between 7,000-10,000 INR in government sectors and around 20,000 INR in private organizations and it exceeds based on the further specializations and experience of the aspirants. In a nutshell, it is a satisfactory career as a paramedic when compared to the other paramedical services.