Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Colleges in Bangalore
B. Pharmacy Course Overview
What is it about?
Does Pharmacy interest you? B.Pharm is the right course for those who aspire to study in the field of pharmacy. Bachelor of Pharmacy is a full-time undergraduate degree course which deals with the field of Pharmacy. One can choose this course after completing 12th standard (10+2).
What is Pharmacy?
Pharmacy is the art and science which involves the techniques of preparation, dispensing and reviewing of medical drugs and providing associated clinical services. This vocation links the health sciences and pharmaceutical sciences. After the successful completion of the graduation, the students can practice as a pharmacist.
Pharmacy is the art and science which involves the techniques of preparation, dispensing and reviewing of medical drugs and providing associated clinical services. This vocation links the health sciences and pharmaceutical sciences. After the successful completion of the graduation, the students can practice as a pharmacist.This field of medicine is highly lucrative and has significant importance. A Bachelor in Pharmacy is known to provide tremendous career opportunities too.
Medical transcriptionist, drug inspector, research associate, health care unit inspector, pharmacist, and professor are a few of the job profiles for the graduates of B. Pharmacy.
List of B. Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore:
Where to apply?
- M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
- P E S College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- St. Johns pharmacy college, Bangalore
- Acharya B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Aditya Bangalore Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Bangalore
- Al-Ameen College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- East Point College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- East West College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Gautham College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Hillside College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- KLE College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- MMU college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Nargund College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Oxford College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- RR College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Raman College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Sri Raghavendra College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Visveswarapura Institution of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bangalore
- Valley College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
MAY I HELP YOU
B. Pharmacy Syllabus:
Outline of the syllabus of B.Pharm:
- Human Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Maths and Biostatistics
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
- Clinical Pharma and Drug Interactions
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence and Ethics
- Pharmaceutical Industrial Management
B. Pharmacy Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process:
Who can apply?
- The candidate needs to clear 10+2/2nd PUC with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology as subjects from a recognised board.
- An aggregate of 50% is mandatory. (exceptions)
- Students who have pursued a diploma in pharmacy (D.Pharmacy) for 2 years are also eligible for the
admission of this course
- In some states of India, it is mandatory to clear an additional entrance examination conducted by University/College.
- While some colleges admit students without an entrance exam, most of the colleges admit students who have
cleared National or state level pharmacy entrance exams like Graduate pharmacy aptitude test (GPAT) etc
How long is the course?
- Bachelor of Pharmacy is a 4 year curriculum course which consists of 6-8 semesters based on different Institutions.
- Correspondence mode of course is not available for this as it requires hands-on training and experience.
Placements/Scope and Career Prospects:
A bachelor in Pharmacy is a very interesting and remunerative course which provides excellent career opportunities for its graduates.
Here is a list of top recruiting or employment areas for the graduates
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Technical Pharmacy
- Educational Institutions
- Medical Camps
- Pathology Laboratories
- Medical Imaging Industries
- Research Agencies
- Defence Health Care Units
- Medical Dispensing Store
- Sales and Marketing Departments of Pharmaceutical Companies
- Food and Drug Administration
- Medical Technology Companies
- Medical Equipment Companies
- Health Care Centres
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
With a degree in pharmacy, the students can register with the state council of pharmacy and can start their own pharmacy venture as a chemist too. This course offers an ample number of job opportunities in both the government and private sectors.
Top 5 Recruiting Companies:
B. Pharmacy Salary / Pay scale:
The government of India has started an initiative called ‘Pharma vision 2020’ with an objective to make India a foremost core for drug discovery and innovation. As a result of this initiative, the pharmaceutical industries are booming with employment opportunities. There is a high demand for pharmaceutical professionals today.The average starting expectancy package is about 2 – 3 Lac INR per annum. This increases based on the experience and the kind of job profile.
Job profiles for a graduate of B.Pharmacy:
- Food and Drug Inspector: The one who analysis and supervises the manufacture of food, drugs, cosmetics etc. They also facilitate in the functioning of bacteriological and chemical laboratories.
- Drug therapist: The one who counsels people who are addicted to prescribed medicines or illegal drugs.
- Lecturer/Teacher: The one who imparts the competencies, knowledge and skills required to get trained in the field of pharmacy.
- Analytical Chemist: The one who analysis the repercussions and reaction of the elements of medicines.
- Hospital Drug Coordinator: The one who prepares medications with a team of fellow pharmacists.
- Pharmacy researcher: The one who studies and researches about the scientific elements of medicines which can bring a change or progress in the field of medication.
- Successful graduates who wish to study and explore the advanced depth of pharmacy can opt to pursue M.Pharma.
- M. Pharma or Masters in Pharmacy is a full-time postgraduate course for 2 years.
- Only the graduates of B.Pharma are eligible to pursue this course.
Pharmacy is a very professional and challenging field of medicine which is a job, oriented one. Join this course if you are interested in the universe of medicines and for the love of serving in a health care industry!