NIITE MEENAKSHI TECHNOLOGY BANGALORE
Direct Admission in NIITE MEENAKSHI TECHNOLOGY
ACCREDITATION & RECOGNITION
NMIT is the first engineering college in the country to be conferred the prestigious Autonomous status by UGC/Govt. of Karnataka, New-Delhi in the year 2007.
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is an autonomous institution affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), with the approval of UGC & AICTE. NMIT strongly focuses on excellence in education, research and promotion of Innovation and entrepreneurship. Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is being accredited by National Board of Accreditation [NBA] under Tier-1 status (for 4 Programs).NMIT is the only unaided private engineering college in Karnataka to be selected by the Govt. of India. Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is being assessed and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC – UGC] under Grade A status
NMIT is funded by the bank under TEQIP Phase II-Subcomponent 1.1 in the year 2011. .NMIT is having an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre funded by the Department of Science and Technology (The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board – NSTEDB), New Delhi. NMIt is the first college in India to introduce Robotics Engineering-Lego Mindstorms and TETRIX Course with Laboratory for II Year B.E Students in AY 2015-16.
NMIT has been granted with an additional 15% seats by AICTE for students who fall under the categories of Foreign Nationals, PIOs and Children of Indians working in Gulf countries. NMIT is being recognized by EdCIL (India) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for admissions of the foreign students’ quota(Students from Bangladesh, UAE, Iran, Nepal, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and Thailand)
NMIT sponsors many research projects worth of Rs. 7+ Crores sanctioned by different national funding agencies such as DST, DIT, AICTE, DRDO Labs, VGST, IEEE, VTU etc. NMIT has established five Multi-Disciplinary Research Centres viz for Small Satellite Research, Robotics Research, Nanomaterial & MEMS, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Design Engineering & Process Simulation which makes it unique. NMIT has a unique Scheme of Deputing UG Students to Industry/R&D Organizations/IISc/IITs/NID for a minimum period of 6 weeks internship leading to academic credits. NMIT is having highly qualified and experienced faculty comprising 45 Ph.Ds primarily from IISc, IITs & NITs as well as additional 50+ Faculty are pursuing Ph.Ds in different research centres of NMIT as well as in other Institutions of Eminence. NMIT has several sponsored research projects amounting to Rs.7+ Crores passed by different reputed National Funding Agencies such as DST, DIT, AICTE, DRDO Labs, VGST, IEEE, VTU etc.
NMIT is being recognised by ISRO as a Centre for Small Satellite Research (CSSR) for undertaking collaborative research on space technology and satellite development. NMIT has organized a consortium that designed and built STUDSAT-1, a satellite of PICO category.
Launched by ISROs PSLV-C15 on 12 July 2010. This is listed in the Limca book of records.
NMIT is having highly qualified and experienced faculty comprising 55+Ph.Ds primarily from IISc, IITs & NITs. Along with this 60+ Faculty are pursuing Ph.Ds in different research centres of NMIT as well as in other Institutions of eminence.
Admission for Indian students is done as per the norms of Government of Karnataka. NMIT takes students through entrance tests such as CET, COMED-K, PGCET, GATE, KMAT and others. Students are also admitted under Management quota.
NMIT (Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology) is one of the leading engineering institute that is ranked among the top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka.
NMIT is a private and autonomous Institution that is approved by UGC (University Grants Commission) and AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education). The institute is accredited with an A-Grade by NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council) and the programs of NMIT are accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) .
MAY I HELP YOU
Admission to B.E.
Admission for Indian Students
Admission to B. E is through CET, COMED–K, management quota.
Admission through CET :
In Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted tentatively in the month of April every year. Karnataka students can apply for this test and online the allotment of the seats is done. In total intake, 45% of the seats are filled through CET. In addition to this, 5% of seats are also made available for the meritorious- economically weaker students with the tuition fee waiver provision.
Admission through COMED-K :
Sodality of the management of the private colleges of Karnataka conducts this test tentatively in May every year. Karnataka & Non-Karnataka students, both can appear for this test. 30% of the seats of the total intake are to be filled through COMED-K test.
Admission through management quota :
In total intake, 25% of the seats are filled through management quota. Provisional admission formality starts in April every year.
Admission for FN/ PIO/ NRI/ students whose parents work in Gulf countries through SNQ quota :
15% extra seats have been approved by AICTE for foreign nationals/PIO/NRI/students whose parents work in Gulf countries over and above the sanctioned intake.
Admission to M.B.A
Admission to MBA can be done through PGCET and management quota.
Admission through PGCET :
PGCET is conducted tentatively during the month of July/ August. 50% of the total intake of the seats is to be filled through this test.
Admission through Management Quota :
50% of the total intake of the seats is to be filled through management quota. Candidates with PGCET / K-MAT/ C-MAT Score can apply during the month of June / July.
Admission for FN/ PIO/ NRI/ students whose parents work in Gulf countries through SNQ quota:
15% extra seats for foreign nationals/PIO/NRI/students whose parents work in Gulf countries over and above the sanctioned intake has been approved by AICTE
Academic Eligibility for MBA :
Admission to MBA course is open for the candidates who have passed the bachelor degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the years of the degree examination. However, candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST and Category-1, the aggregate percent of the marks of all the years of the qualifying examination shall not be less than 45%. (rounding-off aggregate percent is not permitted)
Entrance exam eligibility: PGCET/ K-MAT/C-MAT
In NMIT there are seven undergraduate professional programs (Bachelor of Engineering – B.E) of 4 years duration. The programs are under the autonomous scheme of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under the Tier-1 scheme.
|COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING||180|
|ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING||60|
|INFORMATION SCIENCE & ENGINEERING||120|
Post Graduate Programs
In NMIT, eight M. Tech, MBA and MCA programs are there approved by AICTE and the Government of Karnataka. The programs are affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
Subjects Students Intake
The institute is having separate modern hostel facilities in the campus for boys and girls with in-house dining facilities.
Library & Information Centre
The Library & Information Center of NMIT (Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology) is spread over a spacious area of about 1000 sq Mtrs having a comprehensive collection of Books, Periodicals, Audio & Video CD-ROMs, E-Resources in Engineering, Basic Sciences, Management and General subjects for the needs of professors, Research Scholars, Staff and Students.
The NMIT Library supports and enhances the learning, teaching, research, and service activities of the institution by providing access to quality information. The collection of the Library books for courses, subscribed Print and Online journals and E-Book Databases Links to various Subject Gateways.
- To support teaching, research and extension activities of the Institute.
- To provide state-of-the-art library facilities.
- To serve as a repository for all knowledge created within the institution.
- To build a rich collection of material in the field of Technical and allied subjects, irrespective of its format and promoting its usage to the optimum level.
- To provide unparalleled library services to users.
NMIT is having inside campus hostels for both boys and girls with 1689 capacity. Two sharing rooms are available for 1st-year students. Second year onwards boys are given choice for twin sharing or four sharing rooms. The hostel mess runs on ‘no-profit-no-loss’ basis. Students are given both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
In hostels wardens and the assistant wardens look after the needs of students and help to maintain discipline in the hostel.
|Hostel||Students Per Room||Total Capacity|
|Hostel||Students Per Room||Total Capacity|
- TV Rooms with DTH Connection
- Separate Gym for Boys and Girls
- Table Tennis and Carrom Boards
- Basket Ball and Badminton Courts
- WiFi Connectivity (Up to 200mbps)
- Reading room with Magazines and News Papers
- Daily Bus service
- Medical Centre with Doctor and Nursing Facilities
- 24 Hours Medical Emergency Service Van.
- MOU with Aveksha Hospital for Medical Treatment
- Security Service to all Hostels
- Co-operative Stationary Stores
- ATM of Axis and Corporation Banks
- Photocopier (Xerox)
NMIT is having separate active and dynamic Training and Placement cell, attract large number of reputed well known organizations for on-campus placement. The Placement cell conducts various programs to improve the background and enhance the competence of students by enhancing soft skills / analytical abilities / problem solving capabilities/ attitudinal and leadership qualities.
Training & Placement cell recognize the power and strength of our educational methods and provide suitable placement for students in the industry. NMIT trust “To reap the benefits tomorrow, we need to sow the seeds today” and act upon it. NMIT earnestly work to transform the talent pool through training programs by experts from the industry.
The Training and Placement Department cell provides pre-placement training in soft skills and Aptitude to all pre-final year students to improve their performance at interviews. More than 100+ reputed companies representing diverse sectors visit the campus. Every year all eligible students are placed.
The college has MoUs with companies such as Infosys, WIPRO, Unisys, KPIT, Subex and GEIOM to provide excellent opportunities for students to develop industry-relevant skills.
Guest lectures are being organized by departments to provide ample exposure to student on cutting edge technology and industry practices. Internship opportunities are provided students an early entry into companies such as KPIT, Unisys, Phillips, Software AG Limited, SUBEX, VOLVO etc.
Objectives of this department are to :
- Create a platform where organizations meet and select new talent from the campus.
- Assist organizations recruit candidates as per their requirements.
- Invite the best companies from different industries for campus recruitments
- Upgrade student skills commensurate with the expectations of the industry.
- Act as an interface among students, alumni and the employment community.
- Increase student awareness on career options through summer training/internship programs
- Work with faculty members, department heads and administration to integrate career planning with academic curriculum.
- Empower students with decision making skills that will be useful life-long.
- Provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- Bridge gap between industry and academy.
- The Training & Placement department (hereafter called the department) sends invitations to companies.
- Companies interested to recruit students at NMIT contact the department.
- The department sends the company data on students per the eligibility criteria specified by the company.
- A mutually convenient date is finalized for the recruitment drive.
- The department informs the students well in advance of the recruitment drive. The department strives to minimize communication gaps and provide equitable opportunities to students.
- Students who are eligible for interviews give their consent for interviews before attending the recruitment drive.
- All the queries regarding the placement drive will be addressed by the faculty/student placement coordinators.
- The company visits the campus to conduct pre-placement talks, aptitude tests, technical tests, interviews and group discussion per their selection procedure.
- The company furnishes the final list of selected students on the day of the recruitment drive.
- The department provides support to candidates rejected in the recruitment drive.
- The company sends offer letters, via the department, to selected students.
- Students send, via the department, their acceptance of offers to the company.
- Student, once selected, will not be allowed further in any further placement drive.
- Mirosoft offers four students jobs with compensation of 9+ lacs.
- NUTANIX offers two students jobs with compensation of 13 lacs.
- NUTANIX offers students internships with compensation of 40K per month.
- Students are placed at premier companies such as Microsoft, Huawei, Subex, Nutanix, Celestream Technologies, KPIT, Infosys, Wipro, Capgemini, L & T InfoTech, HP, SLK, Mind tree and other
- Several firm including Infosys and Wipro appreciate the talent at NMIT and commit to a long term association with NMIT.
- Many core companies such as VOLTAS, Saint Gobain and others recruit at NMIT.
- One Student from CSE placed in Nutanix with a compensation of 15 Lacs and internship of 60K per month.
- Students offered 9+ Lac compensation at Microsoft.
- Students offered close to 9 Lac compensation at Akamai.
- Two students placed in Carclo Technical plastics pvt ltd & for training sent to Czech Republic.
- Almost 100% of students placed in 2016
- Total number of Placement for the year 2015 is 550+
Campus Recruitment Highlights (UG and PG)
|NTT DATA||Aricent Group|
For Direct Admission in CMRIT University Call: 8050889999