B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in Bangalore
B.Sc. Nursing Course Overview
B.Sc. Nursing is an undergraduate program which has an objective of providing competency in the skills and knowledge with respect to the nursing care in a healthcare facility. This course is a
blend of classroom lectures and hands on practical nursing sessions.
B.Sc. Nursing offers selfless and respectable career opportunities in the field of medicine. The duties and responsibilities of the nurses are almost as same as the doctors; which makes this line of work a highly satisfactory and a professional one.
After successfully completing B.Sc. Nursing, the student will
become a registered nurse who has been trained in the nursing programs and is now eligible to get the nursing license in India.Nurses work as a part of the team of professionals which includes doctors, therapists or social workers. A nurse is a person who is trained to give medical care to people who are sick and injured. 24 hour work shift is a requirement of this profession.
Duties/Responsibilities of a Nurse:
- Monitoring medications for the patients
- Supervising the subordinates
- Planning of the nursing requirement in the healthcare centre
- Providing preoperative and postoperative care
- Perform physical tests
- Recording patient’s pulses, temperatures, blood pressures, blood samples etc
- Training the new nurses
- Maintaining the records of the patients
A nurse is a special professional who is both intellectual and a people’s person. Along with the technical knowledge of nursing, one also needs to possess the following skills:
Attention to details, Critical thinking, stress & time management, resilience, good health & fitness, observational skills,compassion and excellent communication skills as this career is a people-oriented one. There are a certain values and ethics one needs to follow in this line of work. Your work needs to reflect dedication and selflessness as it is a matter of life and death.
List of Top B.Sc. Nursing colleges in Bangalore:
Where to apply?
Here is a list of reputed colleges in Bangalore which impart the knowledge of Nursing and provide excellent job opportunities.
- MS Ramaiah medical college, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore
- Acharya School of Nursing, Bangalore
- Vydehi Institute of Learning, Bangalore
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Nursing Sciences, Bangalore
- Koshy’s College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Aditya College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore
- Sarvodaya College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Dhanwantari Institutes, Bangalore
- East West Nursing Institutions, Bangalore
- Government College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Miranda College of Nursing, Bangalore
- NSS group of Institutions, Bangalore
MAY I HELP YOU
B.Sc. Nursing Admission process:
How to apply?
- The admission for B.Sc. Nursing is based on the entrance exam conducted by the universities/colleges.
- The applicants can either apply online or offline.
- Based on the scores of the students, eligible students then qualify for the personal interview round.
- The syllabus for the entrance exams usually includes: Aspects of Physics, Biology, chemistry, general ability,
command over English language and basic general knowledge.
B.Sc. Nursing Duration:
- This is a 4 year undergraduate program.
- At the end of the 4th year, a 6 month internship program is included.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
B.Sc. Nursing Course Structure:
A brief syllabus description for B.Sc. Nursing:
- Nursing Foundation
- Community Health Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Management of Nursing Services and Education
Placements/ Scope and Career Prospects:
The scope for B.Sc. Nursing is excellent and has great potential in the field of medicine. Here is a list of employment areas for the graduates of Nursing:
- Health Care Centres
- Nursing colleges/Nursing tutorials
- Maternity centers
- NHS trusts
- Old age homes
- Rehab centers
- Psychiatric Hospitals
- Midwifery Care
- GP practices
- Defence forces
These various specialisms’ have high perspective of growth in the field of nursing: children’s nursing, adult nursing, mental health nursing and learning disability nursing and other diverse fields.
Job Roles For B.Sc. Nursing:
- Staff nurse
- Neonatal/maternity nurse
- Trauma care nursing
- Paediatric nursing
- Dialysis nurse
- Ambulance care nurse
- Home nurse
- Travel nurse
- Private duty nurse
- Nursing supervisor
- Clinical nurse manager
- Nursing superintendent
- Chief nursing officer
- Nursing Tutor
- Nursing Professor
- Nursing lecturer/assistant professor
NOTE:To work as a registered nurse, the graduates need to get registered with a State Nursing Council.
Salary for Nursing Professionals:
You can expect a pay package of up to 2.8 Lac INR in the first year of work. The pay scale increases with experience and can go up to 7 Lac INR per annum. You don’t need to restrict to just India, graduates can also get job opportunities in USA, UK, Canada or any other Gulf country as the requirement of this profession is way too high.
Further studies after B.Sc. Nursing:
- Once you successfully graduate in B.Sc. Nursing, you can further choose to study M.Sc. / Masters in Science –
Nursing. M.Sc. Nursing is a postgraduate program which spans for 2 years. This course imparts the advanced theories and principles of nursing and other associated sciences.
- You can further move forward for M.Phil or Ph.D. in nursing too.
For Direct/Management Quota Admission in Bsc Nursing Colleges Bangalore Call: 8050889999
Disclaimer: This site content or information provided for students guidance only. We would like to recommend you to verify the information from university as there could be changes from year to year. The whole information to help students and does not mean that we provide direct admission through management quota in any college