Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) colleges in Bangalore
Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)
Course branch: Pharmaceutical sciences
Duration: 2 years
Course type: Graduation
Examination type: Semester
Outline of the course:
Diploma in Pharmacy is a full-time 2 year course which deals with the study of pharmaceutical sciences. The qualification required for this course is 10+2 / 12th standard/ PUC. It aims at training the students with skills, knowledge and competencies required by the pharmaceutical branch of science. This line of work is both satisfying and lucrative in nature.
Goals of Pharmaceutical sciences:
- It is a responsibility of the pharmacist to analyze and review the medical drugs.
- They play a proactive role in the patient centred clinical methods.
- They also identify the patient’s medical regimens and try to maximise the patient’s positive outcomes after the
- They strive to improve the patient’s overall quality of life.
- They also deal with the drug related problems.
- They play a crucial role in the medical science industry as their main aim is to facilitate a good quality of treatment and service to the people.
Who can apply?
- It is mandatory for the candidate to complete 10+2 or 2nd PUC with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology as mainstream subjects from any acknowledged board.
- An aggregate of 50% is mandatory. (45% for SC/ST/OBCs)
- Some of the colleges acknowledge the students who have successfully cleared entrance exams of pharmacy like graduate pharmacy aptitude test (GPAT), JEE Pharmacy UPSEE, CPMT, PMET and so on.
- However in some universities it is obligatory to pass an additional entrance examination conducted by the university/college.
MAY I HELP YOU
Duration of the course:
- This full-time diploma course spans for 2 years.
- Diploma in Pharmacy includes 4 semesters
- This vocation requires hands on training experience of the pharmaceutical skills hence correspondence mode of education is not an option.
1st year programme of study:
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmaceutical chemistry I
- Human anatomy physiology
- Biochemistry clinical pathology
- Health education and community pharmacy
2nd year programme of study:
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmaceutical chemistry II
- Pharmacology toxicology
- Hospital clinical pharmacy
- Drug store business management
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence
Top colleges in Bangalore offering D.Pharma:
Where to apply?
- M S Ramaiah university of applied sciences, Bangalore
- P E S college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Oxford college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Raman college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Sri Raghavendra college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Krupanidhi college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Visveshwarapura institution of pharmaceutical sciences, Bangalore
- MMU college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- KLE college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Aditya Bangalore institute of pharmacy education and research, Bangalore
- Al-ameen college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Hillside college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- St. Johns pharmacy college, Bangalore
- Acharya B M reddy college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- East point college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Nargund college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- RR college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Government college of pharmacy, Bangalore
Placements/Scope and Career Prospects:
A diploma in Pharmacy can help you build a profitable and productive career and it also opens doors of opportunities in terms of employment and higher studies.
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Technical Pharmacy
- Educational Institutions
- Medical Camps
- Pathology Laboratories
- Medical Imaging Industries
- Research Agencies
- Defence Health Care Units
- Medical Dispensing Store
- Sales and Marketing Departments of Pharmaceutical Companies
- Food and Drug Administration
- Medical Technology Companies
- Medical Equipment Companies
- Health Care Centres
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Top Recruiting Companies:
- Sun pharmaceuticals industry Ltd
- INTAS Biopharmaceuticals
- Creating an ethical and professional environment in the workspace to facilitate a promising and cordial ambience in the pharmaceutical organisation.
- Initiating a pharmaceutical business
- Detection of medical prescriptions
- Application of drugs and medical terminology
- Administration duties like paperwork etc
- Understanding pharmacology
- For the graduates of Diploma in Pharmacy the salary ranges from 2 Lac – 8 Lac per year.
- However the salary differs based on the value of the employee, experience, job profile etc.
B. Pharmacy Salary / Pay scale:
The government of India has started an initiative called ‘Pharma vision 2020’ with an objective to make India a foremost core for drug discovery and innovation. As a result of this initiative, the pharmaceutical industries are booming with employment opportunities. There is a high demand for pharmaceutical professionals today.The average starting expectancy package is about 2 – 3 Lac INR per annum. This increases based on the experience and the kind of job profile.
- Analytical chemist
- Clinical pharmacist
- Drug therapist
- Medical representative
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Research officer
- Medical transcriptionist
Top employment areas:
- Clinical pharmacy
- Educational institutions
- Food and drug administration
- Medical technology companies
- Pharmaceutical firms
- Medical equipment manufacturers
- Marketing departments
- Starting a pharmaceutical business
- Medical imaging industries
- Defence health care units
- Health care centres
- Research agency
- M.Pharma. (Master of Pharmacy)
- Pharma MBA (Master of business administration) to those who aspire to start their own pharmaceutical company or for the ones who are interested in marketing
If you are an enthusiast of the pharmaceutical sciences then choose this career opportunity and nurture your passion into a prestigious profession
Disclaimer: This site content or information provided for students guidance only. We would like to recommend you to verify the information from university as there could be changes from year to year. The whole information to help students and does not mean that we provide direct admission through management quota in any college