Pharm d colleges in Bangalore
Pharma D colleges in Bangalore
Course level: Doctorate
Duration: 6 years
Eligibility criteria: 10+2/ PUC/ 12th standard
Course branch: Pharmaceutical sciences
Outline of the course:
Pharma D is a course which trains the students to become the Doctor of Pharmacy. Pharmaceutical science is a health care profession which deals with the preparation, dispensing and evaluation of medical drugs used to provide medical treatment for various conditions. The scope of pharmacy does not just confine to the provision of medication but it spreads across numerous modern services of health care. It also includes discovery of drugs and the development of safety and efficiency in the health care sector. A graduate of pharmaceutical sciences is referred as Pharmacist, Druggist, Doctor of Pharmacy, Apothecary etc
Pharmacy practice, medical chemistry, pharmacognosy, pharmaceutics and pharmacology form the four primary disciplines of the study of pharmacy. The studies state that there are at least 2.6 million pharmacists across the globe and the scope of this profession is increasing rapidly.
There are 2 types of Pharm D courses
- Regular Pharm D course – spans for 6 months.
- Post Baccalaureate Pharm D program – 3 years
Who can apply?
- This full time doctorate degree course spans for 6 years. A 5 year academic phase and including a 1 year of mandatory internship period.
- Distant mode of education is not allowed as this is a health care profession which needs first hand training experience.
MAY I HELP YOU
I. Regular Pharm D program – 6 years
- A Successful completion of 10+2/2nd PUC with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology as mainstream subjects from a recognised board.
- An aggregate of 50% is compulsory. (45% for OBCs/SC/ST candidates)
II. Pharm D – Post Baccalaureate program – 3 years
- A Successful graduate of B.Pharm from a recognized board is eligible to study this Baccalaureate program.
- An aggregate of 50% is mandatory. (45% for OBCs/SC/ST candidates)
- Few universities only admit students who have cleared an exclusive entrance examination conducted by their own campus.
- Majority of the universities admit students who have cleared a National or state level entrance exams such as the JEE Pharmacy, Graduate pharmacy aptitude test (GPAT), CPMT etc.
Top colleges in Bangalore offering Pharm D:
- M S Ramaiah university of applied sciences, Bangalore
- P E S college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Oxford college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Raman college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Sri Raghavendra college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Krupanidhi college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Visveshwarapura institution of pharmaceutical sciences, Bangalore
- MMU college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- KLE college of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Aditya Bangalore institute of pharmacy education and research, Bangalore
- Al-ameen college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Hillside college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- St. Johns pharmacy college, Bangalore
- Acharya B M reddy college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- East point college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- MS Ramaiah college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Nargund college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- RR college of pharmacy, Bangalore
- Government college of pharmacy, Bangalore
The academic course spans for 5 years where the students are trained on various aspects of pharmaceutical sciences. A one year internship period is organised by the university because no risks can be taken in a sensitive profession like health care. Here is the list of the syllabus which the students will gain proficiency in the span of 5 years.
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Pharmaceuticals||Pharmacology||Medicinal chemistry||Bio pharmaceutics||Pharmacoepidemiology|
|Human anatomy and Physiology||Pathophysiology||Pharmaceutical formulations||Bio pharmaceutics||Clerkship|
|Pharmaceutical organic chemistry||Pharmaceutical microbiology||Pharmaceutical analysis||Biostatistics||Clinical research|
|Pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry||Pharmaco-therapeutics – I||Pharmacology – Advanced||Research methodology||Pharmaco-economics|
|Medical biochemistry||Community pharmacy||Pharmaco-therapeutics – II||Hospital pharmacy||Drug monitoring|
|Mathematics and Biology||Pharmacognosy||Pharmaceutical jurisprudence||Pharmacokinetics||Clinical pharmacokinetics|
|–||Phytopharmaceuticals||–||Pharmaco-therapeutics – III||–|
Placements/Scope and Career Prospects:
Doctor of Pharmacy is the ultimate course in the pharmaceutical sciences which provides in depth knowledge and skills required to become a successful persona in the field of pharmacy. As it is a health care profession, apart from its profitable nature, this line of work provides immense satisfaction too. The
satisfaction of serving people and helping the ones who are suffering from various devastating medical conditions is significantly high because a pharmacist makes the entire process of treatment a fruitful and feasible one.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Top Recruiting Companies:
- INTAS Biopharmaceuticals
- Sun pharmaceuticals industry Ltd
- Community Pharmacy
- Consultant pharmacy
- Veterinary Pharmacy
- Military pharmacy
- Internet pharmacy
- Nuclear pharmacy
- Ambulatory care pharmacy
- Clinical pharmacy
- Starting a pharmaceutical business
- Educational institutions
- Health care centres
- Analytical chemist
- Drug inspector
- Clinical pharmacist
- Drug therapist
- Medical representative
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Research officer
- Medical transcriptionist
This course provides you the title of ‘Dr’ – ‘Doctor of Pharmacy’ and hence it makes this course a highly prestigious and a respectable one.
Disclaimer: This site content or information provided for students guidance only. We would like to recommend you to verify the information from university as there could be changes from year to year. The whole information to help students and does not mean that we provide direct admission through management quota in any college